Sunday, March 22, 2009

Arethusa

Over spring break I read Arethus from the Tales from Ovid. At first I was very skeptical because the story was only about 3 pages long. I wondered how anything could really happen in a story that was only 3 pages long. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I read the story.

The three pages were filled with action. I did enjoy the fact that the story was about the woman. Her metamorphisis was based on a one-sided love connection, which I think might be a pattern in these stories, based on the things we've discussed in class. Also a pattern that I am expecting to see is that the changes, are caused by gods since they are the only ones that would have that kind of power. There are no exceptions in my story. Arethus is changed into a stream by the goddess Diana. I found my story extremely interesting and I am really looking forward to hearing about the other stories that people have read. I have a feeling that despite the fact that all these stories are about metamorphisis, that they will all be very different and all entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment